Friday, September 5, 2008

3:30 Schoepf's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que

We'll we want to make good time, but we needed to get some food, so at Robbie's suggestion, we stopped at Schoepf's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que. Schoepf's was ranked in the top 50 BBQ places in Texas by Texas Monthly. I must say, if you are passing through Belton, it is well worth the stop. The sausage is spectacular and has just the right amount of moisture. The brisket is different than what I am used to, as it is a little drier and cut in about 1/3 inch strips, but it just falls apart in to nice little shreds of beef.

The next stop will likely be some where just north of Fort Worth.

1 comment:

Curtis said...

I have been in that bathroom, that's my hand writing. And Texas Motor Speedway, the memories, at least the ones they tell me about!!!!!